Sunday, September 2, 2007

Back at School


I know it's been months since I've blogged. I was too busy enjoying my summer!


This summer I spent it with Aiden. What a wonderful age he was at. I decided to not take any professional development classes. Of course, I'll have to take classes during the school year, but it was worth it!


It did rain an awful lot this summer, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the outdoors. We had a good routine going for us. We'd wake up, eat our breakfast, and go the our gym. Aiden would spend an hour playing with the other kids in the gym's play-yard, and I'd exercise. (Sadly, I can't tell the difference. I hope at the very least to have healthier lungs and heart!)


We'd brunch at Chic-fil-a, and go do something together: go to the park, zoo, visit Tito at the nursing home, meet Daddy for lunch, swim at Miss Alicia's pool with Cole, or go grocery shopping. Our days were full.


Playing with him was also a blast. He's sooooo smart! He has so much energy, though. You have to be in shape to keep us with him.


Paupi babysat him for a whole week! He'll testify that Aiden is a handful.


Aiden and I also went to Monterrey for a week with Tita to visit our relatives. I know I put on 7 pounds there. Sure enough, as with every visit I've ever made to Monterrey, Abuelita was waiting for us in the kitchen with food. I love her.


Everyone seemed to be doing well, and we caught up with la familia. Todd stayed at home because he had to work. (I love my man.) Do you know that he spent every evening with Papi at the nursing home, checking in on him and keeping him compayny? Now THAT'S a man who loves me, and my family. Todd is wonderful!


Sadly, summer came to an end this last Monday. School is great! The kids are friendly and attentive. I'm sure I'll have lots of stories to pass on about them.


As for us, we're doing very well at home, spending as much time as we can together. Aiden is back at school too, and he's not complaining. He misses us, and we miss being away from him, but life and learning must go on.


I hope all of you are doing well. God bless you!

No comments: