Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Leaves, Football, Friends & Gold Medals



It's officially Fall. Our brown pine needles clutter our front yard. Todd keeps saying we need to get rid of our one tree and replace it with two. He's afraid that the Nazis (our Home Owners Association Police) will come by and kick us off of our property because we're not meeting the 2-trees-in-the-front-yard standard. We've successfully avoided them so far.






Football season has started too. I don't know which I like better: High School football or NFL. I've gotta say, our Texans got off to a great start. As for my Cy-Ridge Rams, well, they can improve their game. We were going to go see them play on my birthday weekend (which was on September 14th for those who are wondering), but we came home instead. We were all tired. I drank 1/7th of a margarita with my birthday dinner, so I was useless. (Todd calls me a lightweight... he also calls me a cheap date. I'm not offended in the least because it's true!)






As for friends, so many of them are going through life-changing experiences right now. Many of these situations involve babies. Others involve health. Gosh, when did we become grown-ups having to deal with grown-up situations?






Luckily, my friends are blessed to have their soul mates live through these moments with them. It makes me smile to know that my buddies are not alone. So, my dear friends, know that you're in my prayers. Know also that I believe you've chosen your husband/wife perfectly. (Or did s/he choose you? Hmmmm.)






I'll end this blog with GREAT news. Guess who won a gold medal the other day? PAPI!!!






The nursing home had wheelchair races. (Keep in mind, Papi just turned 89 on September 9th.) The residents lined up, rears in chairs, feet on floor. "On your mark! Get set! Go!" exclaimed the activity director.






The others never stood a chance against Jesus, the Lightning Bolt, Ramirez.






They pedalled with their feet... Papi wheeled with his hands. (I tell you, the daily physical therapy has increased his upper body strength incredibly.)






They ate Papi's dust, so I hear told. He won the GOLD!!! Isn't that a great story?!






Hope this finds all of you well. I'm off to grade essays. Peace out!



No comments: